There’s no denying that Instagram’s a great platform for showcasing creative work and even for selling work directly, as well as for sharing personal knowledge and experiences.
With more than a billion users, it’s one of the most popular social networks in the world and a huge potential tool for reaching a bigger audience.
there are many reasons to stop using Instagram. the pandemic doom scrolling, the unsettling revelations about how toxic Instagram is for teenage girls or you are just craving more time for IRL moments with the people you love and less time oversharing your life online.
Whatever the reason, if you are done with Instagram, you have two choices.
Make a permanent break (delete your Instagram account forever with no givebacks).
or take a temporary break (deactivate your Instagram account with the intention of coming back later like Britney Spears).
An important step before delete or deactivate you account :
1.Download your Data
You don’t want to lose all the images and videos you’ve uploaded to the platform. unless you’re certain you’ve saved them elsewhere. As a result, you should download your data first.
- Log into your account.
- go to your profile picture and then find Settings > Privacy and Security.
- Scroll to the ‘Data Download’ section and click ‘Request Download’.
- Enter your email address and click ‘Next’.
- You’ll be asked to re-enter your account password at this point.
- , then click ‘Request Download’.
- You’ll then receive an email with a link to download your Instagram data.
- Click Download Data in the email and follow the instructions to download your data.
How to delete your Instagram account:
- Go to the Instagram website and log into your account.
- Go to the account deletion page.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the reason you are deleting your account.
- Enter your password again. Then click or tap the delete button.
How to deactivate your Instagram account.
- Log in to instagram.com from a computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Click your profile picture in the top right and click Profile, then click Edit profile.
- Scroll down, then click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
- Click Temporarily disable account.
From a mobile browser:
- Log into your account, and go to your profile.
- Tap Settings in top left then tap Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down to Data Download and tap Request Download.
- Enter your email address and tap Next.
- Enter your Instagram account password and tap Request Download.
- You will receive an email with a link to your Instagram data. Click Download Data and follow the instructions to finish downloading your information
For Instagram app
- Go to your profile after logging into your account.
- In the top left corner, tap Settings, then Privacy and Security.
- Tap Request Download after scrolling down to Data Download.
- Tap Next after entering your email address.
- Tap Request Download and enter your Instagram account password.
- An email with a link to your Instagram data will be sent to you. To finish downloading your information, click Download Data and follow the instructions.