There are good and bad things about Snapchat, but maybe you’re afraid that someone might be taking hard copies of your photos without your permission. Then again, you could just not be that into it anymore. So, how does one delete a Snapchat account? We’re here to explain.
How do you permanently delete your Snapchat account? Let’s look at how you can do this on the mobile app or the website.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account
If you want to permanently delete your Snapchat account, it can be hard to figure out how.
There are two ways to get rid of your Snapchat app: you can do it on Snapchat’s desktop website or through the app on your phone. We’ll go over both of them below.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account on a Computer
First, we’ll take a look at how to delete your Snapchat account from the app’s desktop website.
- go to Snapchat.com, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on Support.
- In the search bar, type “delete my account.” Remove My Account will show up. Then click it.
- These words will take you to a page that tells you how to delete your account. To make sure that you want to delete your account permanently, read through this. People who want to delete their Snapchat account can find the link to Snapchat’s account deletion portal under the title “How to delete your Snapchat account.”
- After you click that link, Snapchat will send you to a page that asks you to log in to your Snapchat account. In this case, all you need to do is enter your email and password to keep your account. Then, Snapchat will send you to a page that asks you to delete your account. if Snapchat takes you right to the “delete” page, you’ll have to enter your email and password to permanently delete your account.
- Afterward, your account will be deactivated for 30 days so that you can sign back in again. If you decide that you don’t want to permanently delete your account, you can just log in again. Otherwise, your account will be deleted at the end of this time.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account Through the Mobile App
The official Snapchat mobile app can be used to delete your account right from your phone. It does take a little bit of work, but it’s worth it when you’re done.
Open the Snapchat app on your iOS or Android phone. To delete your Snapchat account, follow the steps below.
- First, tap on your profile picture in the top left corner of the main screen
- To change things on your profile page, click the “Setting” icon in the top right corner of your page.
- In your Snapchat settings, scroll down until you get to the Support section and choose I Need Help.
- There is a search bar at the top of this page. “delete my account” should be typed into this search bar. When it comes up, click Delete My Account.
- After that, Snapchat will take you to the Account Deletion Support page, where you’ll learn about how to delete your account. Right next to “How to delete your Snapchat account,” there’s a link that says “Accounts portal.” If you’re happy with everything you see, click on it
- As a next step, Snapchat will send you to the real account deletion page. It will give you one last warning about what deleting your account means before asking you to enter your login information. Tap the Continue button when you’re done.r information and tap Continue.
There you go. If you really want to delete your Snapchat account, leave it alone for at least 30 days after you first decide to do so. When that time is up, it will be gone.