You’ve come to the right place if you’re a Snapchat user who wants to control the visibility of your story. We’ve compiled a list of the top four ways to hide your Snapchat story in this article. On Snapchat, you can also learn how to reclaim your lost streak.
How to Hide Your Snapchat Story From Someone
With Snapchat’s app, you can limit and control the visibility of your story. By adjusting the visibility of your story to your added friends, you can prevent it from becoming public. To achieve the same result, follow these steps.
- In the upper left corner, tap on your profile icon. If you use bitmoji, it will appear to be your bitmoji.
- In the upper right corner, tap the settings icon.
- Under Who Can…, scroll down to View My Story and tap it.
- Choose one of the three options available.
How to Hide All Snaps
You don’t have to conceal all of your snaps. When you send a snap the old-fashioned way, you get to choose who from your contact list receives it. Friends and some followers will be on this list. This list excludes followers who are not your friends and have set their contact privacy to “friends only.”
Hide Your Snapchat Story from a Specific User
If you want to hide your Snapchat story from a specific friend or account, follow these steps.
- To view your profile settings, open the Snapchat app on your phone and tap on your profile icon.
- Under the My Stories section, tap the three-dot icon in front of your uploaded Snapchat story and select Story Settings.
- Tap on the Custom option here and enable the toggle for friends from whom you wish to hide/block your Snapchat Story.
- That’s it. Your Snapchat story will now stay hidden from your selected friends in your profile.
How to Hide Someone Else’s Snaps
Perhaps you’ve come here because you’re sick of seeing other people’s constant updates. You don’t want to unfollow them because you enjoy peeking into their lives now and then. So, what exactly do you do? You can easily prevent them from snapping you without unfollowing them if they aren’t your app friend (in other words, they don’t follow you back).
- Tap on your profile icon in the upper left-hand corner. If you use bitmoji, it will look like your bitmoji instead.
- Tap the settings icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Scroll down to Contact Me under Who Can… and tap it.
- Choose My Friends.
In this case, there is no way to single out specific users.
Assume you don’t want to do it. You have a lot of followers who you don’t follow, and you enjoy getting a snap from them now and then. How can you avoid being snapped by this one user? Simple. You obstruct them.
- Tap on your profile icon in the upper left-hand
- corner. If you use bitmoji, it will look like your bitmoji instead.
- Tap Add Friends.
- Search for their Snapchat name.
- Tap on the profile icon.
- Tap on the three-dotted icon at the top right of the screen.
- Tap Block.
We hope you’ve now mastered the art of hiding and restricting your Snapchat stories. If this quick guide helped you achieve your goal, hit the Like button and share this article with your friends to help them take control of their Snapchat stories. Keep an eye out for more interesting articles.