There is no way to enlarge storage on the iPhone even though it has grown tremendously in capacity over the years and inversions. As a result, you’ll have to transfer some files to a computer at some point. Here are some of the most frequent methods for transferring data from your iPhone XS Max to a computer.
Move Your Files with iTunes
iTunes can let you transfer data from your iPhone to your computer, like many other Apple-related operations. Using a PC, the process is as follows:
- The most recent version of iTunes should be installed on your computer. Prior to continuing, you should make sure that is the case.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer by opening the app.
- On the left side of the screen, look for and pick up your phone.
- The “File Sharing” tab is accessible.
- Once you’ve selected the files you’d like to transfer to your computer, click the “Export” button.
- Following your selection of files, select the location in which to save them.
- On the computer, save your files.
Move Your Files with iCloud
To sync files between your iPhone XS Max and PC, simply use iCloud. Both the iCloud for Windows program and the internet can be used.
This is how iCloud on Windows works:
- Enabling iCloud on your phone is the first step you should take. Enter your Apple ID into “Settings,” then tap “iCloud.”
- Open “Settings” and select “iTunes & App Store” from the drop-down menu. Activate the automatic downloads feature.
- The latest version of iCloud for Windows can be downloaded and installed.
Log in with your Apple ID credentials on your PC.
Enable or disable the services you want to use. You can do this by clicking the “Apply” option. iCloud will then create Windows Explorer folders for each of these files.
- You can also paste files into one of the folders you’ve made, and they’ll show up on your phone.
If you don’t want to deal with the inconvenience of installing the program, you can download the files directly from iCloud.
Move Your Files via USB
With a USB cable, you may quickly and easily transfer files from your mobile device to your desktop or laptop computer. I highly recommend it if you don’t have access to any of the two previously mentioned programs. Through Windows Explorer or your iPhone’s File Transfer pop-up menu, you can transfer files through USB.
- Connect the iPhone XS Max to your PC.
- If necessary, tap “Trust this Computer” on your phone to enable the connection.
- Open “My Computer”.
- Access “Portable Devices”.
- Enter your phone’s Internal Storage.
- Browse the storage for the files that you want to move.
- Select the files you want and copy them to your computer.
The File Transfer route looks like this:
- Connect the phone to your computer.
- If needed, tap “Trust this Computer” on your phone to allow the connection.
- Choose the “View Content” option on your phone.
- The phone will then show you files and folders available for copying.
- Select the items you want and copy them to your PC.
There are a slew of different methods for transferring data from your iPhone XS Max to a PC that aren’t covered here. Even while this list is far from exhaustive, it should provide you with a good starting point.