Despite significant growth over the years and generations, the iPhone has always been known for its limited storage capacity and inability to be expanded. As a result, you will be forced to transfer some files to a computer at some point. Here are a few common methods for transferring files from your iPhone XS Max to your computer.
Move Your Files with iTunes
iTunes, like many other Apple-related processes, can assist you in transferring data from your iPhone to your computer. For PC, the procedure is as follows:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer. If that’s not the case, you should update it before proceeding.
- Open the app on your computer and connect your iPhone.
- Find and select your phone on the left side of the screen.
- Click the “File Sharing” tab.
- Next, browse the files and select the ones that you’d like to transfer to your PC.
- After you’ve chosen the files, pick where you want to save them.
- Save your files to the PC.
Move Your Files with iCloud
You can also use iCloud to transfer files from your iPhone XS Max to your PC. There are two ways to do it: using the iCloud for Windows app or going online.
This is how the iCloud for Windows option works:
- First, you’d want to enable iCloud on your phone. Go to “Settings”, tap “iCloud”, and type in your Apple ID.
- Open “Settings” and tap “iTunes & App Store”. Enable the automatic downloads.
- Download and install the latest version of iCloud for Windows.
- Launch the app on your PC and log in with your Apple ID credentials.
- Choose the services that you want to enable. Click the “Apply” button. iCloud will then make the corresponding folders for these files in Windows Explorer. Conversely, if you paste a file into one of the created folders, it will automatically appear on the phone.
You can download the files directly from your iCloud storage if installing the app seems too much trouble.
Move Your Files via USB
Using a USB cable to transfer files to a PC is a simple and quick solution. If you don’t have either of the two previously mentioned applications installed on your computer, this is a great alternative. You can transfer files via USB in two ways: through Windows Explorer or through the File Transfer pop-up menu on your iPhone.
Here’s how to move files via Windows Explorer:
- Connect the iPhone XS Max to your PC.
- If necessary, tap “Trust this Computer” on your phone to enable the connection.
- Open “My Computer”.
- Access “Portable Devices”.
- Enter your phone’s Internal Storage.
- Browse the storage for the files that you want to move.
- Select the files you want and copy them to your computer.
The File Transfer route looks like this:
- Connect the phone to your computer.
- If needed, tap “Trust this Computer” on your phone to allow the connection.
- Choose the “View Content” option on your phone.
- The phone will then show you files and folders available for copying.
- Select the items you want and copy them to your PC.
Aside from the methods outlined in this article, there are numerous other options for transferring files from your iPhone XS Max to your PC. Despite the fact that it is far from comprehensive, this list should provide you with a good range of options.