In comparison to other social media platforms, Snapchat has a unique method of determining the popularity of your account. The number of snaps you send and receive is used to calculate your Snap score, which serves as a barometer of your account’s activity.
Many users compete by comparing their snap scores, and the user with the highest snap score wins bragging rights.
However, if your snap score does not change, it can be aggravating.
This problem has been reported by Snapchat users on various subreddit pages, and no one knows why it is happening.
Today, we’ll show you what to do if your Snapchat snap score isn’t working.
Your Snap score cannot be reduced, so don’t be concerned about taking a break and losing points. But don’t worry if you’ve been using the app regularly and your Snapchat score hasn’t changed. Here are some steps you can take to ensure that your hard work is not in vain:
- Make sure your app is up to date with the latest version.
- Wait a few hours—it could be a glitch or Snapchat is experiencing technical difficulties. In the morning, restart your phone and check the score again.
- Contact Snapchat’s customer service. In the worst-case scenario, they may be able to assist you in troubleshooting your specific situation.
Methode 2 :
1. Check Snapchat’s Servers.
It’s possible that Snapchat’s servers are currently down if your snap score isn’t increasing. Server maintenance and downtimes are fairly common and should be over in a few hours.
Also, keep in mind that your snap score may take some time to update. Unfortunately, Snapchat’s servers don’t update their data very often, so you’ll have to wait.
2. Restart the App.
Temporary errors that occur during application execution are the most common cause of unusual behavior. Due to the issue that occurred, your device may be having trouble updating your snap score data.
Restart Snapchat to see if that helps.
To access the app switcher on Android, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Find Snapchat on the app switcher and flick it upwards to stop it from running.
3. Update Snapchat.
Bugs and glitches are another reason your snap score isn’t working on Snapchat. It’s possible that the Snapchat version on your device already has a problem with the snap score.
Thankfully, Snapchat releases patches for their app on a regular basis to address this problem.
You can check for an update on Android by doing the following:
- To begin, go to Google Play Store on your device.
- Then, from the search bar, tap the Menu button to access the side menu.
- Select My Apps & Games from the side menu.
- Finally, if the Play Store detects a Snapchat update, tap Update.
You can update the apps on your iOS device by performing the following steps:
- Go to the home screen of your device and open the App Store.
- After that, go to the Updates tab and check for updates for all of your installed apps.
- Finally, if there is a Snapchat update available, tap Update.
4. Reinstall Snapchat
If updating the app did not solve your problem, you should reinstall Snapchat. It’s possible that the app ran into a serious issue that corrupted some of its installation files.
The best thing you can do in this situation is to reinstall Snapchat.
Follow the steps below to complete the process for Android users.
- To begin, unlock your device and go to the home screen to find Snapchat.
- Then, hold down the Snapchat icon until the options screen appears.
- Finally, tap Uninstall to remove Snapchat from your device.
5. Report the Problem to Snapchat.
Unfortunately, if none of the methods above were successful in resolving the issue, we advise you to seek professional help.
Report the issue to Snapchat, and they will resolve it on their platform. Remember to include helpful information like your account details and the device you use when reporting an issue so that their team can address your concern more quickly.